Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem getting file server backed up. code 84

2006-01-06 09:42:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem getting file server backed up. code 84
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:42:21 +0100
Hello Frank

if you windows box is writing to the tape drives, make sure that block size
is 64k (65536) or less.

Regards
Michael

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:10:56 -0600, Wooten, FH Frank (3934) @ IS wrote

> Ok, I am having a huge problem getting a 400gb file server backed up. My
master server is a unix and the file server is win2k3. I have a ESL9000
attached to a san switch that the file server is attached too. Problem with
the job is it will run for 4 to 5 hours and then fail with a code 84 (media
write error). I have eliminated the tapes being the problem cause I have used
new tapes and still get this error. I am wondering if its something with the
switch or if it's the drives. It happens on multiple drives not just one.

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)