Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tape Process NBU 5.1 Not functioning

2006-01-06 05:20:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tape Process NBU 5.1 Not functioning
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:20:00 +0000
The problem will be in the setup of your library, not in NetBackup.   You
are reporting the rightmost 6 characters of the barcode.  Normally the
library will read the 'L1' 'L2' etc and identify the tape type - NetBackup
does not see those letters.    Hunt in the library manuals for how to set
the way the library handles barcodes.  I don't know about EVL libraries -
what are they underneath the HP badge?

Or I could walk round...!

William D L Brown

"Dean" <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
06-Jan-2006 09:34

"WEAVER, Simon" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
cc
"veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tape Process NBU 5.1 Not functioning

> Netbackup sees the tape as Media ID N000L1
> Barcode Tag CLN0001

Might be something wrong there.

I don't know about that HP library (rebadged Quantum or ATL?). With STK
libraries, if you put a cleaning tape in the correct slot, the library
will automatically clean the drives when required, and NetBackup doesn't
need to know about it - it doesn't even know about the cleaning tape.

Cheers,
Dean