Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NET_BUFFER_SZ vs communications buffer size

2006-01-05 09:13:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NET_BUFFER_SZ vs communications buffer size
From: stumpb AT michigan DOT gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:13:58 -0500
Will someone please explain the differences between the
$INSTALL_DIR\NetBackup\NET_BUFFER_SZ and the "communications buffer" in the
properties window.
Why are the suggested settings for window's "communication buffer" = 129 and
the NET_BUFFER_SZ = value used for SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS (which I have set to
262144 for 9940 tape drives). Also I have seen conflicting use in technotes for
NET_BUFFER_SZ. One technote says all MASTER/MEDIA/CLIENTS must have the same
value. In other words if you set it up once then you must set it up on
ALL/EVERYWHERE. I have also seen a technote that says to use it on MASTER/MEDIA
servers with no reference to also ensure it is being used on ALL clients.