Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 6.0 DSSU's

2006-01-04 11:36:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 6.0 DSSU's
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:36:53 -0600
--=_alternative 005B4460862570EC_=

"Steven Cashman" <steve_cashman AT symantec DOT com> wrote on 01/04/2006
10:21:35
AM:

> Also be aware of how DSSUs operate. They will keep images that have
> been moved onto tape available on the disk until the disk starts
> getting full. Then as NBU needs more space it will start removeing
> older images. DSSU drives are almost always near full
>
> You should work to remove 2 DSSU pointing to the same device for this
reason.

Yea i found that out. I just need to free up some space until i'm able to
partition the disk.

Which means i might have to rm anyway.

Karl
--=_alternative 005B4460862570EC_=

symantec DOT com&gt;
wrote on 01/04/2006 10:21:35 AM:<br>
&gt; Also be aware of how DSSUs operate. They will keep images that have
&gt; been moved onto tape available on the disk until the disk starts <br>
&gt; getting full. Then as NBU needs more space it will start removeing
&gt; older images. DSSU drives are almost always near full</tt></font>
the same device for this reason. </tt></font>
space until i'm able to partition the disk.</tt></font>
--=_alternative 005B4460862570EC_=--