Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database help

2006-01-03 13:05:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database help
From: Sandy.Elrick AT gdcanada DOT com (Elrick, Sandy)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:05:45 -0700
Hello all,

NBDC 3.4.6/Solaris instance with NB Database backup issues.  I am pretty
much constantly getting 84's.  I know it's an old instance and before I
go down the road of modifying the database backups (I have narrowed it
down to the fact that the databases are too large / cannot span tape) I
want to check with you folk.

Is there any way to determine the specific failure point on the database
backup?  Can I remove some older tapes from the database and be able to
import them again?  If I can reimport, are there any gotchas I should be
aware of?

Thank you

Sandy Elrick
Calgary, Alberta

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain
confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot
be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.