Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Growth Stats

2005-12-28 11:13:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Growth Stats
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:13:09 -0600
On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 03:13:37PM -0000, Paul Porcelli wrote:
> are there any Netbackup stats which will show me the amount of data
> backed up.
>
> I'm hoping to go as far back as possible and thus build up a picture
> of growth in the amount of data backed up over the last year.

For long-term stats, you're going to need a backup reporting package.
For simple reporting like this, NetBackup Operations Manager (free with
NBU 6) should suffice.  Unfortunately, you don't have a year's worth of
data going back, so you're going to be out of luck until a year after
you install a reporting package.  If every backup you've done in the
past year has not yet expired, there's hope for you right now, but if
not, there's nothing in NetBackup to report on expired tapes and images.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org