Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup server + acsls, SSI port problems connecting error code 72 (status pendin

2005-12-19 03:03:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup server + acsls, SSI port problems connecting error code 72 (status pendin
From: SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:03:34 -0700

--=__PartA2804A46.0__=

Chris
Try adding to your Media Server "vm.conf" file:

ACS_TCP_RPCSERVICE
ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME = <media_server>.your.domain.com
ACS_SSI_SOCKET = <media_server>.your.domain.com 13741
Scott

>>> "Donovan, Chris" <Chris.Donovan AT team.telstra DOT com> 12/18/2005 8:26
pm >>>
Hiyas,

I have been trying to get netbackup to talk to acsls for a bit
now.  I don't seem to be getting very far.  So far I can use the acsls
tool cmd_proc to check and verify that the library works fine through
this mechanism.  I am currently using the robot (get into versions /
models in a bit) in a TLD configuration, and it works a charm.  While
this is fine, there is another master server that will be required to
connect to this backup unit (SAN connected hence, ACSLS).  A few
questions I can't seem to find answers to are: What is supposed to be
listening on port 13741 (ssi I presume)?  This is supposed to be tcp,
or
udp? or both?  What port should (not using portmapper) the acsls csi
stuff be listening on?  I am happy to provide info that's needed to
figure this out.  I have run the acsss_config several times changing
things around, but no to avail it seems.  Something I did (grasping at
straws) was to configure acsls to listen on port 17341.  The reason
being that no matter what I run on the server, nothing listens on that
port so I figured I configuer acsls to listen on it, and yes again as
straw grasp.  I'm happy to do some reading if someone can just point
me
in the right direction even.  Now onto the versions / models bit.

OS = Solaris 9
netbackup = Netbackup 5.0 MP5
tape unit = SL500
ACSLS 7.1 = with patches to 3 months ago

The acsls software is on the same host (yes not standard) as the
netbackup software.  Again I can use this robot in a TLD configuration
just fine.

The errors I keep encountering (from robtest) is error 72
(STATUS_PENDING)

++++++
acs_response() failed
Unable to obtain Query Server acknowledge response, ACS status = 72,
STATUS_PENDING
Robotic test utility /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/acstest
returned abormal exit status (1).
++++++

Thanks,

Chris-

--=__PartA2804A46.0__=

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1522" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>Chris<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Try adding to your Media Server "vm.conf" file:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ACS_TCP_RPCSERVICE<BR>ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME =3D &lt;media_server&gt;.your.d=
omain.com<BR>ACS_SSI_SOCKET =3D &lt;media_server&gt;.your.domain.com =
13741<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Scott</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; "Donovan, Chris" &lt;Chris.Donovan AT team.telstra DOT
com&g=
t; 12/18/2005 8:26 pm &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>Hiyas,<BR><BR>I have been trying to =
get netbackup to talk to acsls for a bit<BR>now.&nbsp; I don't seem to be =
getting very far.&nbsp; So far I can use the acsls<BR>tool cmd_proc to =
check and verify that the library works fine through<BR>this mechanism.&nbs=
p; I am currently using the robot (get into versions /<BR>models in a bit) =
in a TLD configuration, and it works a charm.&nbsp; While<BR>this is fine, =
there is another master server that will be required to<BR>connect to this =
backup unit (SAN connected hence, ACSLS).&nbsp; A few<BR>questions I can't =
seem to find answers to are: What is supposed to be<BR>listening on port =
13741 (ssi I presume)?&nbsp; This is supposed to be tcp, or<BR>udp? or =
both?&nbsp; What port should (not using portmapper) the acsls csi<BR>stuff =
be listening on?&nbsp; I am happy to provide info that's needed to<BR>figur=
e this out.&nbsp; I have run the acsss_config several times changing<BR>thi=
ngs around, but no to avail it seems.&nbsp; Something I did (grasping =
at<BR>straws) was to configure acsls to listen on port 17341.&nbsp; The =
reason<BR>being that no matter what I run on the server, nothing listens =
on that<BR>port so I figured I configuer acsls to listen on it, and yes =
again as a<BR>straw grasp.&nbsp; I'm happy to do some reading if someone =
can just point me<BR>in the right direction even.&nbsp; Now onto the =
versions / models bit.<BR><BR>OS =3D Solaris 9<BR>netbackup =3D Netbackup =
5.0 MP5<BR>tape unit =3D SL500<BR>ACSLS 7.1 =3D with patches to 3 months =
ago<BR><BR>The acsls software is on the same host (yes not standard) as =
the<BR>netbackup software.&nbsp; Again I can use this robot in a TLD =
configuration<BR>just fine.<BR><BR>The errors I keep encountering (from =
robtest) is error 72<BR>(STATUS_PENDING)<BR><BR>++++++<BR>acs_response() =
failed<BR>Unable to obtain Query Server acknowledge response, ACS status =
=3D 72,<BR>STATUS_PENDING<BR>Robotic test utility /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/acs=
test<BR>returned abormal exit status (1).<BR>++++++<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>C=
maillist&nbsp; -&nbsp; Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.=
eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=__PartA2804A46.0__=--