Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup server + acsls, SSI port problems connecting error code 72 (status pending)

2005-12-18 22:26:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup server + acsls, SSI port problems connecting error code 72 (status pending)
From: Chris.Donovan AT team.telstra DOT com (Donovan, Chris)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:26:21 +1100
Hiyas,

        I have been trying to get netbackup to talk to acsls for a bit
now.  I don't seem to be getting very far.  So far I can use the acsls
tool cmd_proc to check and verify that the library works fine through
this mechanism.  I am currently using the robot (get into versions /
models in a bit) in a TLD configuration, and it works a charm.  While
this is fine, there is another master server that will be required to
connect to this backup unit (SAN connected hence, ACSLS).  A few
questions I can't seem to find answers to are: What is supposed to be
listening on port 13741 (ssi I presume)?  This is supposed to be tcp, or
udp? or both?  What port should (not using portmapper) the acsls csi
stuff be listening on?  I am happy to provide info that's needed to
figure this out.  I have run the acsss_config several times changing
things around, but no to avail it seems.  Something I did (grasping at
straws) was to configure acsls to listen on port 17341.  The reason
being that no matter what I run on the server, nothing listens on that
port so I figured I configuer acsls to listen on it, and yes again as a
straw grasp.  I'm happy to do some reading if someone can just point me
in the right direction even.  Now onto the versions / models bit.

OS = Solaris 9
netbackup = Netbackup 5.0 MP5
tape unit = SL500
ACSLS 7.1 = with patches to 3 months ago

The acsls software is on the same host (yes not standard) as the
netbackup software.  Again I can use this robot in a TLD configuration
just fine.

The errors I keep encountering (from robtest) is error 72
(STATUS_PENDING)

++++++
acs_response() failed
Unable to obtain Query Server acknowledge response, ACS status = 72,
STATUS_PENDING
Robotic test utility /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/acstest
returned abormal exit status (1).
++++++

Thanks,

Chris-