Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup client on windows

2005-12-18 21:06:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup client on windows
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:06:24 -0600
--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

* Atif Munir <atif76 AT gmail DOT com> [2005-12-17 12:19]:
> Can I manage the netbckup installed on a solaris 880 box through its
> windows client installed on my desktop? I am running windws XP.

It depends on what you mean by manage, and what client you are talking
about. There is a Java GUI client for Windows that will let you do
whatever normal management of the NBU environment, regardless of the OS
the server is running on. If you are using the Windows Binary Management
GUI, and your client is configured as a media server in the Master's
bp.conf (the world's CRAPPIEST excuse for a config requirement, by the
way), you can also admin the Master that way, too.

If you are talking about just the normal backup client, no. That will
admin only that client's setup.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com