Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Production 6.0GA

2005-12-15 13:21:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Production 6.0GA
From: mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:21:27 -0500
What was mentioned during your discussions with Symantec that's making you
wait until MP2?  I've been waiting for MP1, and am curious as to what you
heard that's making you wait.

-- Mike Varney / HRI

             Ed Wilts
             <ewilts AT ewilts DOT or

             g>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA

             veritas-bu-admin@                                          cc
             mailman.eng.aubur         veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

             n.edu                                                 Subject
                                       Re: [Veritas-bu] Production 6.0GA

             12/15/2005 01:03
             PM

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:25:24AM -0600, Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA
wrote:
> I might have to upgrade NB to 6.0GA for various reasons on my production
> box. I realize that it's not recommended  to upgrade until mp1 but i'm
> kinda stuck.

I think that MP1 is due out this week.  However, in our discussions with
Symantec, MP2 looks like it might be the upgrade point for us.

> I'm thinking of leaving my clients at 5.0MP5. I'd like to run dssu's and
> bmr on 6.0GA. I have no need for NDMP or Vault.
>
> Has anyone upgraded their production system to NB Server 6.0GA?

I talked to a product manager who said that a lot of customers have
upgraded and are having no problems.  However, a lot of other customers
are having lots of problems.  You feeling lucky?

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org