Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] enabling NDMP

2005-12-07 08:29:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] enabling NDMP
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:29:16 -0500
Here's the kicker.
I've got 3 machines, a pair of V880s (active/passive using VVR to
replicate /usr/openv/) and a V240.

The V240 is my lab machine, and the 880s are the Prod and DR machines.

Prod and Lab have exact same SW revs. (5.0MP4)

In lab....install software, install key, bounce daemons.....everything
is OK.
In prod...install software, install key, bounce daemons.....no workie.

Back to lab.....stop daemons, remove key, remove SW, start
daemons.....NDMP is gone from STU options.
Reinstall software, reinstall key, bounce daemons, NDMP is
back......pretty reliable behaviour.

Back to prod....stop daemons, remove key, remove software, start
daemons....NDMP not there...as would be expected.
Reinstall software, reinstall key, bounce daemons.....still no NDMP.

Call my VAR....get a broad spectrum key that unlocks all features on all
Tiers.....install that.....still no love.

Working with support......

Paul