Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L100

2005-11-29 08:30:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L100
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:30:25 -0500
Anywhere from slower to Much faster.

If you had a bucnh of clients multiplexed to 3*LTO2 drives and were
barely streaming the drives, now you're taking the same and spreading
across 6*LTO3 drives, your backups might be slower.

If your bottleneck is the network, clients, etc, etc, then you'll be
pushing the same data to 2x the number of higher performance drives.
You will see little to NO increase in speed, and possibly a decrease.

If your tape drives were the bottleneck, and you're pushing high perf FC
attached SAN volumes over multiple GigE connections, or are backing up
SAN attached media servers, then you may see an increase in throughput.

Paul