Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] monitoring throughput

2005-11-28 17:28:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] monitoring throughput
From: ed AT gurski DOT com (Ed Gurski)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:28:07 -0500
On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 16:11 -0600,
veritas-bu-request AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote:

> From: "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
> To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
> Subject: [Veritas-bu] monitoring throughput
>
> Do you, and if so, HOW do you guys monitor network and tape throughput
> on your solaris boxes?
> =20
> any 3rd party utilies, home rolled scripts, etc?
> =20
> Paul

Paul:

If you go to my website at http://gurski.com/netbackup.php and select
the Unix scripts you will see a script that gathers performance data on
Solaris systems. I use this to monitor the throughput of all my media
servers (Solaris 9). The command is cron'ed to run daily (M-F) at 9:45
AM ands on the weekends on Sunday at 5:00 AM.

I will be posting my HTML version shortly so if you have built your own
backup web site this can be added as a feature...

--
Ed Gurski <ed AT gurski DOT com>