Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] One ACS robot, two NBU masters

2005-11-28 11:35:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] One ACS robot, two NBU masters
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:35:37 -0500
--------------070208080201030003020002

Geyer, Gregory wrote:

> We have one large STK library and want to have two master NBU servers
> (one 5.x for now, the other 6.0) access it.  The environments will NOT
> share drives or tapes, and we hear there should be no issue sharing
> the robotics (its shared now with 30+ SAN media servers), but wanted
> to hear if anyone has a similar environment without any issues.
>
> A concern would be having an inventory mix the tapes in the
> environment.  I see the "Robotic Inventory Filtering" in the ACS
> appendix of the MM Sys Admin guide but no experience using it.
>
> So does anyone out there use two masters with one ACS robot?

No problem sharing ACSLS robotics.  I've setup an STK L5500 with two NBU
Masters and several TSM
servers.  TSM hits ACSLS a bit harder, but not too badly.  All servers
have dedicated drives and
tapes, SSO used for one of the masters for 10 drives.  The others have
their own.

--
Dan

--------------070208080201030003020002

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Geyer, Gregory wrote:<br>
 cite="midF0BCA06A24E6804186FECD4E77390C1C02BFF3F0 AT uschd00mx11usr.AVNET DOT
COM"
 type="cite">
  <title>One ACS robot, two NBU masters</title>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
and want to have two master NBU servers (one 5.x for now, the other
6.0) access it.&nbsp; The environments will NOT share drives or tapes, and
we hear there should be no issue sharing the robotics (its shared now
with 30+ SAN media servers), but wanted to hear if anyone has a similar
environment without any issues.</font></p>
inventory mix the tapes in the environment.&nbsp; I see the "Robotic
Inventory Filtering" in the ACS appendix of the MM Sys Admin guide but
no experience using it.</font></p>
masters with one ACS robot?</font>
robotics.&nbsp; I've setup an STK L5500 with two NBU Masters and several TSM<br>
servers.&nbsp; TSM hits ACSLS a bit harder, but not too badly.&nbsp; All servers
have dedicated drives and<br>
tapes, SSO used for one of the masters for 10 drives.&nbsp; The others have
their own.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="90">--
Dan
</pre>