Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpstart for windows

2005-11-28 09:04:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpstart for windows
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:04:05 -0500

Nope

> Do i just put the name of the bat file i want to call in
> bpstart_notify.bat and nothing else?

You could do that, or, just put the actual bat file you want to run in
that directory and rename it to bpstart_notify.bat

> I know the unix one has an example to hack around with.
>
> How to i pass exit calls in bat files?
>
> Im competent in /bin/sh but no idea about .bat :(

Can't help ya there.
I'm in the same boat.
I don't use the bpstart_notify and bpend_notify files on the clients for
my own use.
I tell the windows/unix admins responsible for the systems, that the
files are there and for them to do any pre/post processing they require,
within those scripts.

Basically, I say "If you have any files that need to be closed,
processes that need to be stopped, DB's that need to be quiesed, etc,
put the appropriate commands in this script, and let me know when you've
finished."

Paul