Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] One ACS robot, two NBU masters

2005-11-23 00:39:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] One ACS robot, two NBU masters
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman (home))
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:39:28 -0600
Gregory-

Yes, I believe you could support both of your master servers (but they
would both have to be 6.0!) with a single EMM server.

This is roughly equivalent to Jim Peppas's response to your question,
suggesting that your two masters could share a single volume database
host.  This is doable in some circumstances but NOT yours, because of
the fact that one of your masters is 6.0.  (plus most of the Symantitas
support folks get the shakes when they hear about that kind of shared
volume database server configuration :-/)

I would second Kenneth's idea below; it is a very well-traveled path,
lots of people use the INVENTORY_FILTER stuff to share their ACS robots
among multiple master servers (and/or among multiple backup
applications...)

HTH
rob