Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] One ACS robot, two NBU masters

2005-11-21 17:01:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] One ACS robot, two NBU masters
From: Gregory.Geyer AT Avnet DOT com (Geyer, Gregory)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:01:47 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EEE7.2AFFB1A5

We have one large STK library and want to have two master NBU servers
(one 5.x for now, the other 6.0) access it.  The environments will NOT
share drives or tapes, and we hear there should be no issue sharing the
robotics (its shared now with 30+ SAN media servers), but wanted to hear
if anyone has a similar environment without any issues.

A concern would be having an inventory mix the tapes in the environment.
I see the "Robotic Inventory Filtering" in the ACS appendix of the MM
Sys Admin guide but no experience using it.

So does anyone out there use two masters with one ACS robot?

G.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EEE7.2AFFB1A5

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7638.1">
<TITLE>One ACS robot, two NBU masters</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">We have one large STK library and =
want to have two master NBU servers (one 5.x for now, the other 6.0) =
access it.&nbsp; The environments will NOT share drives or tapes, and we =
hear there should be no issue sharing the robotics (its shared now with =
30+ SAN media servers), but wanted to hear if anyone has a similar =
environment without any issues.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">A concern would be having an =
inventory mix the tapes in the environment.&nbsp; I see the =
&quot;Robotic Inventory Filtering&quot; in the ACS appendix of the MM =
Sys Admin guide but no experience using it.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">So does anyone out there use two =
masters with one ACS robot?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">G.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EEE7.2AFFB1A5--