Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath

2005-11-21 08:04:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:04:48 +0000
Windows registry at a guess.

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\elx{something}\Parameters\Device

maximum_sglist is the parameter.

William D L Brown

ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
21-Nov-2005 08:49

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath

Hello All

After upgrading EMC powerpath to 4.4.1 on the Windows 2003 backup server,
get the following error on my LTO2 drives:

Error bptm(pid=9660) The tape device at index -1 has a maximum block size
of
65536 bytes, a buffer size of 262144 cannot be used

I have checked that the tape drivers support blocks greater than 65536
(Actually we been running with 262144 since june)

Any ideas about were to change this 64Kb limit ?

The backup are using Emulex L982 HBA's

Regards
Michael

--