Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL questions

2005-11-19 15:14:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL questions
From: kenneth.lee AT siemens DOT com (Lee, Kenneth (SBS US))
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:14:07 -0500
Yes, I agree with you that it is a one time setup if your DSSU is pretty
much static.  As for me, I am an outsourcing company and have a constant
growth in new servers that requires backup.  I just feel that it would
be easier to add storage to a VTL instead of a DSSU.  Also, what I am
trying to do is have my cake and eat it too.  By writing both to a VTL
and a real library at the same time (same physical library using ACSLS
to divide the library), I can double my capacity during backups without
adding more costly tape drives.  And if the VTL will migrate to a
physical tape without NetBackup, that is all the better.

Ken