Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL questions

2005-11-19 02:12:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL questions
From: smpt AT peppas DOT gr (stefanos)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:12:05 +0200

If you have one (or maybe two) media servers, then the DSSU is a very good
solution (and probably cheapest) for disk staging. But if you have more
media servers and implement DSSU then you will have a big and expensive
storage divided into all media servers and maybe not efficient. With VLT you
will have one big storage shared to all media servers.

To use the "eject" option is not good idea, because as you said, you will
have the same tape twice. It will needed very much attention so netbackup
will not see the second tape and also using the same library for real
backups

Stefanos