Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] **** Status 6 in NB for RMAN policies *****

2005-11-18 14:21:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] **** Status 6 in NB for RMAN policies *****
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:21:33 +0100
Hello Ray

Get you DBA to run the RMAN script(s) using the disk.sbt libary this will
show if the RMAN script(s) works.

Create the dbclient directory with 777 permissons under netbackup/logs and
set VERBOSE=99 in the client bp.conf then rerun the backup through the
netbackuop libobk api. This should give you an indication of where the
problem is.

Regards
Michael

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:55:57 -0500, Ray.Hill wrote
> I have a master/media server; Solaris 2.8 64 bit running  NBU 5.1 MP3.
>
> I've been getting status 6 every time the Rman backups run. Does any one
have any ideas on this. The scripts are all on point so its not that easy.

> Thanks in advance .
>

> ## Client: ftrdbnj1
>
> 11/18/2005 01:21:56 V1 S:bkupnj C:ftrdbnj1 J:624691 (U:624691,0)
>  Error(0x10) Backup(0x4) bpsched
>  backup of client ftrdbnj1 exited with status 6 (the backup failed to back
up the requested files)

> 11/18/2005 01:22:01 V1 S:bkupnj C:ftrdbnj1 J:624691 (U:624691,0)
>  Error(0x10) Backup(0x4) bpsched
>  backup of client ftrdbnj1 exited with status 6 (the backup failed to back
up the requested files)

> 11/18/2005 01:22:06 V1 S:bkupnj C:ftrdbnj1 J:624691 (U:624691,0)
>  Error(0x10) Backup(0x4) bpsched
>  suspending further backup attempts for client ftrdbnj1, policy
RMAN_ftrdbnj_arch, schedule
>  Scheduling_Trigger because it has exceeded the configured number of tries
>
> 11/18/2005 01:22:06 V1 S:bkupnj C:ftrdbnj1 J:624691 (U:624691,0)
>  Error(0x10) Backup(0x4) bpsched
>  backup of client ftrdbnj1 exited with status 6 (the backup failed to back
up the requested files)

> ###################################3
> =================================
> STATUS CODE 6
> the backup failed to back up the requested files
> Errors caused the user backup to fail.
>
> Try the following:
>
> 1.  Verify that you have read access to the files. Check the status or
progress log on the client for messages on why the backup failed. Correct
problems and retry the backup.
> 2.  On Windows clients, verify that the account used to start the
NetBackup Client service has read access to the files.
> 3.  On Macintosh clients, this code can be due to multiple backups being
attempted simultaneously on the same client. Some possible solutions are:
>   *  Adjust the backup schedules.
>   *  If the client is only in one policy, set the policy attribute, Limit
jobs per policy, to 1.
>   *  Set the NetBackup global attribute, Maximum jobs per client, to 1
(note that this limits all clients in all policies).
> 4.  For a UNIX database extension client (for example, NetBackup for
Oracle), this can mean a problem with the script that is controlling the
backup.
>   Check the progress report on the client for a message such as Script
exited with status code = number (the number will vary). The progress log
also usually names the script.
>   Check the script for problems. Also, check the troubleshooting logs
created by the database extension. See the NetBackup guide that came with
the database extension for information on the scripts and troubleshooting
logs.

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)