Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO2 tape label

2005-11-16 05:37:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO2 tape label
From: fabrice_brochart AT storagetek DOT com (Brochart, Fabrice)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:37:54 +0100
Hi,

I think that you use a robot, so it's not a good idea to use a LTO1
label on a LTO2 tape.

Otherwise the robot think that you have a true LTO2 tape, and you can't
make difference between tapes.

But a LTO2 drive can write on a LTO1 tape with performance of LTO1
drive.

So you have to choose, but...

Hth

F@b