Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incrementals turning into full

2005-11-15 15:54:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incrementals turning into full
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:54:18 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EA26.BED90A51

I am seeing this same problem but only on a Windows Cluster Server...
Its serving as a file server so I know there is no way 50-80% of the
data is changing daily but that is percentage of the fulls that the
incrementals are backing up.  Opened a case with Veritas, not much to go
on right now.

I have tried the cumulative incrementals using both archival bit and
mtime.  Not running Volume shadow services on the client, media servers
are all Unix at 4.5 FP 8...  Yes both full and incremental schedules are
in same policy.  Sometimes incrementals seem to work okay, and sometimes
they are nearly the same size as a full.  Even ran an incremental, then
went into restore pane and selected the incremental and looked at all of
the files in a directory and all of them were over 1 year old by modify
time...

What gives?

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EA26.BED90A51

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {font-family:Arial;
        color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
        {font-family:Arial;
        color:navy;}
@page Section1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
        {page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I am seeing this same problem but =
only on
a Windows Cluster Server&#8230;&nbsp; Its serving as a file server so I =
know there
is no way 50-80% of the data is changing daily but that is percentage of =
the fulls
that the incrementals are backing up.&nbsp; Opened a case with Veritas, =
not much to

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><br>
I have tried the cumulative incrementals using both archival bit and =
mtime.&nbsp;
Not running Volume shadow services on the client, media servers are all =
Unix at
4.5 FP 8&#8230;&nbsp; Yes both full and incremental schedules are in =
same policy.&nbsp;
Sometimes incrementals seem to work okay, and sometimes they are nearly =
the
same size as a full.&nbsp; Even ran an incremental, then went into =
restore pane and
selected the incremental and looked at all of the files in a directory =
and all

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><br>

style=3D'font-size:

=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EA26.BED90A51--