Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [Incremental: (Differential + Cumulative)] + Full Backup Policy Question

2005-11-10 10:46:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [Incremental: (Differential + Cumulative)] + Full Backup Policy Question
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:46:53 -0500
* Have people found that in practice one can eliminate all (but 1) full
backups from a client with synthetic backups?

* For how long do you set "Keep TIR information"?

* Basic scheduling question: If I have normal full backups scheduled for
every 4 weeks, but do a synthetic backup with the same retention period
every week, does the 4 week frequency of the normal fulls keep getting
pushed back so it doesn't have to be done again?

Thanks and cheers, wayne