Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Oracle Backup

2005-11-09 08:39:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Oracle Backup
From: ccharlescosta AT gmail DOT com (Christopher Costa)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:39:54 -0500
------=_Part_10224_5745883.1131543594139

Gents,

We have an Oracle Database pretty active and large in size (500GB). Today w=
are currently performing RMAN dumps and backing up from the dump area,
however the backups are full each night and take a while.

Our goal is to save our client some money and shorten the backup window
nightly.

What is a valid best practice for Oracle database backups? Is it the use of
BLIB?

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks

Charles

------=_Part_10224_5745883.1131543594139

Gents,<br>
We have an Oracle Database pretty active and large in size (500GB).
Today we are currently performing RMAN dumps and backing up from the
dump area, however the backups are full each night and take a while.<br>
Our goal is to save our client some money and shorten the backup window nig=
htly. <br>
What is a valid best practice for Oracle database backups? Is it the use of=
 BLIB?<br>
Any comments would be appreciated<br>
Thanks<br>
Charles<br>