Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpend_notify script

2005-11-08 03:43:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpend_notify script
From: Yusuf GEDIKOGLU <yusuf.gedikoglu AT gantek DOT com> (Yusuf GEDIKOGLU)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:43:31 +0200
------------257319AA7F43A7

Hi;
I want to learn is there a way to configure nb to send only one times run
bpend_notify script for a multiple stream backup job.
We use bpend and bpstart notify scripts to stop start mssql server while backup
job running. It is working properly but in one of my server that have  500 Gb
data and backup time nearly 20 hours. We set multiple streams for decrease the
backup time but this time we have a problem in the mssql. the backup jobs have
multiple streams and when a streams ended it runs bpend notify script and this
script started the mssql server. but the backup job is running well so it cause
the problems.
Is there a way to set bpend notify script to run only one time when the
multiple stream backup job ended.
I am waiting your advices
------------257319AA7F43A7

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1254">
<STYLE type="text/css"><!--
BODY {
  margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
  background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
/*----------Text Styles----------*/
HR { color: #000080}
BODY, TABLE /* Normal text */
{
 font-size: 9pt;
 font-family: 'Courier New';
 font-style: normal;
 font-weight: normal;
 color: #000080;
 text-decoration: none;
}
SPAN.RVTS1 /* Heading */
{
 font-size: 10pt;
 font-family: 'Arial';
 font-weight: bold;
 color: #0000FF;
}
SPAN.RVTS2 /* Subheading */
{
 font-size: 10pt;
 font-family: 'Arial';
 font-weight: bold;
}
SPAN.RVTS3 /* Keywords */
{
 font-size: 10pt;
 font-family: 'Arial';
 font-style: italic;
 color: #800000;
}
A.RVTS4, SPAN.RVTS4 /* Jump 1 */
{
 font-size: 10pt;
 font-family: 'Arial';
 color: #008000;
 text-decoration: underline;
}
A.RVTS5, SPAN.RVTS5 /* Jump 2 */
{
 font-size: 10pt;
 font-family: 'Arial';
 color: #008000;
 text-decoration: underline;
}
A.RVTS6, SPAN.RVTS6
{
 color: #0000FF;
 text-decoration: underline;
}
/*----------Para Styles----------*/
P,UL,OL /* Paragraph Style */
{
 text-align: left;
 text-indent: 0px;
 padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
 margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}
.RVPS1 /* Centered */
{
 text-align: center;
 white-space: normal;
}

--></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P>Hi;</P>
<P>I want to learn is there a way to configure nb to send only one times run
bpend_notify script for a multiple stream backup job.</P>
<P>We use bpend and bpstart notify scripts to stop start mssql server while
backup job running. It is working properly but in one of my server that have
&nbsp;500 Gb data and backup time nearly 20 hours. We set multiple streams for
decrease the backup time but this time we have a problem in the mssql. the
backup jobs have multiple streams and when a streams ended it runs bpend notify
script and this script started the mssql server. but the backup job is running
well so it cause the problems.&nbsp;</P>
<P>Is there a way to set bpend notify script to run only one time when the
multiple stream backup job ended.</P>
<P>I am waiting your advices</P>
<P><BR></P>

</BODY></HTML>