Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] migration to a new server

2005-11-04 19:20:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] migration to a new server
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (Williams, Kristopher L)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:20:20 -0600
Sounds like a good plan - Here are two quick thoughts

1. It has been mentioned on this list that Linux (mostly redhat) isn't
quite ready for primetime as a master yet. I haven't played with it yet,
so I can't comment beyond what I've read on this list.

2. I have been successful many times copying the image files from one
master two the other, both with different names. I currently do this for
DR purposes for one of my customers. In that environment I'm using a
Windows 2000 master and NBU5.0 MP3. We replicate
%install%\veritas\netbackup\db\images\* to the remote DR center master
that has a different name. When it comes time to do a DR, everything is
good to go with no db import needed. This won't help with the media
db's, but might save some time with the images. Again, not sure if this
will still work for newer version of NB but worth a shot.

Like always.....TEST, TEST, and TEST some more!

Thanks,

Kris