Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Incrementals turning into full

2005-11-03 09:06:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Incrementals turning into full
From: Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org (Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:06:09 -0500
I had this problem a while back when we were running NBU4.5 FP6.   For some
reason there was no
record in the image catalog of a full ever running for the client in the Policy
even though a full
backup had run.   If you check  Installpath\NetBackup\db\images\hostname\  you
will see folders
named "somestringofnumbers" inside one of the folders there should be a file
similar to
policyname_numbers_FULL, and _FULL.f.  If those files does not exist Netbackup
assumes a full never
ran for the Policy and by default will run a full backup regardless of the type
of backup scheduled.
We upgraded to 5.1 and this problem went away.
 As a workaround I was able to trick NBU into thinking a full ran by changing
the backup selection
of the Policy to include only a single file and then running the FULL schedule.
  I then changed the
backup selections back to include all the data I wanted to backup and then
incrementals ran as an
incrementals should.

Vincent Mase

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be
privileged and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete the message without saving, copying or disclosing
it.  Thank you.