Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL vs. Disk based backups

2005-11-30 21:53:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL vs. Disk based backups
From: andersom68 AT yahoo DOT com (Michael Anderson)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:53:12 -0800 (PST)
Yes we to are a veritas / netapp shop.  The features
look extremely interesting until you look at the
pricetag that is attached.  Veritas charges per gig
for the storage behind the technology even though they
have nothing to do with that storage.  From what we
have seen equated to our needs, it is very very
expensive.  Something that my fortune 100 company
doesn't even want to cough up.