Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] renaming master server...

2005-10-27 13:12:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] renaming master server...
From: chris AT fil.ion.ucl.ac DOT uk (Chris Freemantle)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:12:36 +0100
I have renamed our server (it's the master and media server) from
'asia' to 'isis

Now, when I run the NB Console (on the machine now namd isis) and try
looking at the activity I get the message:

   Unable to determine global device database host for device host
asia: cannot connect to vmd (70)

OK, so maybe a bit more thought before changing would have been wise,
and I can always change it back, but ... can anyone point me in the
direction of documnetation on how to do the change properly?

thanks in advance.
--
---

REMEMBER - the safety of your data is your responsibility
If it's important to you - ** MAKE A COPY ** or 2 or 3 or 4 or ........

There is only one certainty about storage systems - they *will* fail !

Chris Freemantle
Data Manager
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience

Tel. +44 (0)20 7833 7472 reception
Tel. +44 (0)20 7833 7496 direct
Fax  +44 (0)20 7813 1420

Home Page:  http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk