Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backups with wildcards?

2005-10-20 13:46:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups with wildcards?
From: gmackinn AT ford DOT com (MacKinnon, G. R. (Gregory))
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:46:37 -0400
Hindle, Greg wrote:

> That's our problem now. We have a few volumes with subdirectories with
> sizes of 3 4 and 5 terabytes. Its taking forever and then there is the
> issue of doing restore form those large images. So we wanted to
> cr4ated a more policy's with wildcards to split these out. We now have
> to do that manually and relay on the users to tell us when they add
> new things. Which I do not like relying on them to tell us. Maybe
> weeks or months after the fact!
>

> Greg

I nfs mount the NAS box from my Solaris NBU box at the appropriate
directory. In
our case /u and /proj. Then I run Hal Skelly's nbusplit script from cron
about an hour
before NDMP (spit) runs and have it redirect the output to
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/<ndmppolicy>/includes.
That way if NDMP ever finishes I haven't missed too much.