Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Reports

2005-10-20 10:12:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Reports
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:12:24 -0500
--=_alternative 004E0A1D862570A0_=

John,

It's one thing to sit threw the webcast but I'd recommend that you try the
onsite Demo.

Aptare will give you an agent to install on your master server. The agent
will send backup job information to aptare and you can review it on their
portal.

Aptare will want executive/management signoff on the demo but it's well
worth it and your management will enjoy the reports too.

Karl

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 10/19/2005 06:59:27 PM:

> Now don't laugh.....  We are currently using Veritas CCS and
> Advanced Reporter.  I have a division that is promoting Bocada.  So
> being as how I have read Ed W promoting this Aptare product I
> finally buckled and sat through a 2 hour web cast.  I have to say, I
> was rather impressed.  Not to mention they asked where I heard of
> this app from and I mentioned the forum.  Aptare in turn said Ed
> Wilts was the happy one.  (Ed, the sales guys said your small
> unmarked bills package is being shipped via Fed-Ex, whatever that
is....)

> I for one am going to champion this up to management.  Perhaps there
> is still some budget money left....
>
> John
>

> John_Trainer AT countrywide DOT com
>

> "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
> Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
> 10/18/2005 07:47 AM

> veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> RE: [Veritas-bu] Backup Reports
>

> I just installed it in my lab system last week
>
> kicks butt so far.....moving it over to my production NB servers at
> the end of the month.
>
> Paul

but I'd recommend that you try the onsite Demo.</font>
on your master server. The agent will send backup job information to aptare
and you can review it on their portal.</font>
signoff on the demo but it's well worth it and your management will enjoy
the reports too.</font>
10/19/2005
06:59:27 PM:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Now don't laugh..... &nbsp;We are currently using Veritas CCS and
&gt; Advanced Reporter. &nbsp;I have a division that is promoting Bocada.
&nbsp;So <br>
&gt; being as how I have read Ed W promoting this Aptare product I <br>
&gt; finally buckled and sat through a 2 hour web cast. &nbsp;I have to
say, I<br>
&gt; was rather impressed. &nbsp;Not to mention they asked where I heard
of <br>
&gt; this app from and I mentioned the forum. &nbsp;Aptare in turn said
Ed <br>
&gt; Wilts was the happy one. &nbsp;(Ed, the sales guys said your small
&gt; unmarked bills package is being shipped via Fed-Ex, whatever that
is....) <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I for one am going to champion this up to management. &nbsp;Perhaps
there<br>
&gt; is still some budget money left....</tt></font>
&gt; John </tt></font>
&gt; &nbsp; </tt></font>
&gt; John_Trainer AT countrywide DOT com</tt></font>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
</tt></font>
&gt; &quot;Paul Keating&quot; &lt;pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca&gt; <br>
&gt; Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu </tt></font>
&gt; To</tt></font>
&gt; veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu </tt></font>
&gt; cc</tt></font>
&gt; Subject</tt></font>
&gt; RE: [Veritas-bu] Backup Reports</tt></font>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I just installed it in my lab system last week <br>
&gt; &nbsp; <br>
&gt; kicks butt so far.....moving it over to my production NB servers at
&gt; the end of the month. <br>
&gt; &nbsp; <br>
&gt; Paul <br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-<br>
&gt; admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Karl.Rossing AT
federated DOT ca<br>
&gt; Sent: October 18, 2005 10:44 AM<br>
&gt; Cc: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu<br>
&gt; Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Reports<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 10/18/2005 06:36:59
AM:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; For really good reporting and long-term trending &amp; analysis,
look at a<br>
&gt; &gt; product like Aptare's StorageConsole (http://www.aptare.com).
&nbsp;My<br>
&gt; &gt; management loves it and instead of me being their personal report<br>
&gt; &gt; generator, they leave me alone and go to our portal for the
information.<br>
&gt; &gt; There are some screenshots on Aptare's web site so you can see
the kinds<br>
&gt; &gt; of things you can get there.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Their eval is really easy to setup. I wish i had more than a 21day
&gt; eval with it though BUT if your job is netbackup all the time, then
&gt; 21days is enough. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Going to license it today. <br>
&gt; <br>