Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Gig E Settings

2005-10-20 03:46:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Gig E Settings
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:46:30 +0100
I've read that for GigE autonegotiate is MANDATORY as part of the
standard.   So all those things one does for 100Mb cards is not done.

That may explain why you can't find a way to lock it to 1000/FDX.

William D L Brown

"Harry Tirrell" <harry.tirrell AT glasshouse DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
19-Oct-2005 17:28

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Gig E Settings

I am at a site with NBU 5.2 running on AIX 5.1,  we would like to set the
GigE interfaces to GigE Full Duplex.  But we only GigE option we can find
is autonegotiate.  Does any one know of a way to this on AIX?  Thanks in
advance.

Harry