Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sybase backup error

2005-10-19 11:38:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sybase backup error
From: Asiye.Yigit AT gantek DOT com (Asiye Yiğit)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:38:27 +0300
Hi Mike,
Where can I see "-S" flag?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike L. Varney [mailto:mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:06 PM
To: Asiye.Yigit AT gantek DOT com
Cc: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Sybase backup error

The server name is case sensitive for Sybase's ISQL.  Make sure that the
case for your -S flag is correct.

For SYBACKUP_SERVER you have it in lower case, but your -S flag has it
in upper case.

-- Mike Varney / HRI

             Asiye Yiðit

             <Asiye.Yigit@gant

             ek.com>
             Sent by:
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
             veritas-bu-admin@
cc
             mailman.eng.aubur

             n.edu
Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] Sybase backup error

             10/19/2005 10:49

             AM

             Please respond to

             <Asiye.Yigit@gant

                  ek.com>

Hi all,

We have nb 4.5 MP6 on solaris 8 box. The system is both media and master
server. The version of sybase is 12.0. we are trying to back up sybase
with nb sybase agent. It gives the following error. I would appreciate
if you help us.

Regards,

Started Wed Oct 19 14:55:31 EEST 2005
SYBACKUP_SERVER = mnanmas1o
SYBACKUP_POLICY = sybase_bckp
SYBACKUP_SCHED = sybase_bckp_db
SYBACKUP_CLIENT = mnanmas1o
SYBACKUP_SCHEDULED = 1
SYBACKUP_USER_INITIATED = 0
/opt/sybase/OCS-12_0/bin/isql -Uxxxxxxxx -Pxxxxxxxx
-I/opt/sybase/interfaces -SMNANOMC1 < ./syb_MNANOMC1_dump Msg 911, Level
11, State 2: Server 'MNANOMC1', Line 1: Attempt to locate entry in
sysdatabases for database 'MNANOMC1' by name failed - no entry found
under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly. bpbackup -c
sybase_bckp /opt/sybase/scripts Finished Wed Oct 19 14:55:31 EEST 2005
exit 0

Started Wed Oct 19 15:19:14 EEST 2005
SYBACKUP_SERVER = mnanmas1o
SYBACKUP_POLICY = sybase_bckp
SYBACKUP_SCHED = sybase_bckp_db
SYBACKUP_CLIENT = mnanmas1o
SYBACKUP_SCHEDULED = 1
SYBACKUP_USER_INITIATED = 0
/opt/sybase/OCS-12_0/bin/isql -Uxxxxxxxx -Pxxxxxxxx
-I/opt/sybase/interfaces -SMNANOMC1 < ./syb_MNANOMC1_dump CT-LIBRARY
error:
             ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library
error:
Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect
bpbackup -c sybase_bckp /opt/sybase/scripts
Finished Wed Oct 19 15:19:15 EEST 2005
exit 255