Veritas-bu

Re[2]: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting / duplication across network

2005-10-18 20:29:45
Subject: Re[2]: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting / duplication across network
From: Aleksandr Rainchik <rainchik AT mail DOT ru> (Aleksandr Rainchik)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 04:29:45 +0400
Kate,

No, not exactly.

Let's say we have two sites, Site A and Site B

Here is how we do backup:

Server A -> Media Server A -> Robot A -> Tape Drive A -> Tape A

Here is how we want to do vault/duplication:

Tape A -> Robot A -> Media Sever A -> [IP LINK(WAN)] -> Media Server B -> Robot
B -> Tape Drive B -> Tape B

Backup image should be copied from Site A/ Robot A / Media Sever A to different
Site B / Robot B / Media Server B.

Media servers A and B are connected to Robots A and B. Media Server A does not
have direct (FC) access to tapes on site B, there is only IP link between sites.

Does it make sense?

-- Alex