Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing / Streams

2005-10-18 08:11:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing / Streams
From: jpiszcz AT servervault DOT com (Piszcz, Justin)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:11:29 -0400
Hi Simon,

Yes it is possible, I have 8 drives and use 8 multiplexing per drive
which lets me achieve 64 backups simultaneously while achieving around
90-110 megabytes per second (multiple gigabit nics).

The option you are looking for is located here:

Admin Console -> NetBackup Management -> Storage Units -> (double click
your storage unit).

Then set the maximum concurrent drives used for backup: X
Then set the maximum fragment size, 2048MB works well.
Then set the maximum multiplexing per drive to whatever you like.

The schedule dictates how many threads and if multiplexing should be
used on a per-policy basis.

Please let me know if you understand.

Thanks,

Justin.