Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas scripting

2005-10-13 20:28:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas scripting
From: John_Trainer AT Countrywide DOT Com (John_Trainer AT Countrywide DOT Com)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:28:01 -0700
--=_alternative 0002602E8825709A_=

Mark,

This .pdf is Fooking Kool and Most Excellent .  Even though I'm in a
Windoze shop I still find the document extremely useful.  I have compiled
a small set of add -in scripting tools of my own over the years.  However
Charles pointed out:
 "  On top of these resources, learn your shell of choice (ksh, bash, etc)
and some useful text processing tools (awk, sed, maybe perl). Those
tools are the foundation of scripting and if you don't already know
them, scripting netbackup will not be easy. Master those first and the
netbackup stuff is easy.    -Charlie "

I would have to agree.  Since I have been batch scripting for 15 years I
find my scripts longer and use more external tools but I have been able to
build some useful scripts (minus cool html output as that is just a PITA
).

As for the book, be sure to include some Windoze samples too please. Again
Thanks!

John

Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
10/13/2005 08:50 AM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] Veritas scripting

Since there's more than one person interested.  Here's a link:

http://nbguru.home.comcast.net/netbackupscripting.pdf

-M