Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON (Oracle agent)

2005-10-12 09:05:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON (Oracle agent)
From: jlightner AT water DOT com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:05:47 -0400
Here our scripts specify the controlfile because our DBAs are paranoid.
However as I recall in my reading about Netbackup for Oracle (or
Oracle's RMAN doc - I forget which) it stated the controlfile is always
backed up.  I didn't know there was a flag for it.

Not being a DBA I can't say exactly what they do with the controlfile
but I do know that for every refresh I've ever done it was important to
them to have one.  I believe they MIGHT be able to bring up the DB by
manually creating one but it takes much more effort.