Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: padding with zeros

2005-10-06 11:24:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: padding with zeros
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:24:06 -0500
On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:13:21AM -0500, Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA
wrote:
> So i should backup the file again.
>
> Is there a way to backup the file via the command line on the client so i
> don't have to rerun the entire policy?

The reason you got the error in the first place, we think, is that the
database was not in hot backup mode.  In this case, it's not just this
file that will cause you problems - your entire database backup is
suspect and should be rerun *AFTER* it's put into hot backup mode.
If you back up just the single file, your database is very likely not
restorable.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA