Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] copying tapes

2005-10-05 12:52:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] copying tapes
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:52:32 -0600
bpduplicate will take a piece of media as an input ("-id" option).  I've
never had good luck with it.

I'd suggest building a list of images (you can use bpimmedia to list the
images on a specific tape number), write the list images to a file, then
feed the file to bpduplicate with the -Bidfile.  Make a copy of the list for
good measure, bpduplicate erases the Bidfile when done for some strange
reason.

-M