Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO1 without a barcode reader

2005-09-30 11:56:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO1 without a barcode reader
From: SPillapalem AT Entertainment DOT com (Pillapalem, Smitha)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:56:13 -0400
Hello,
We have LTO1 standalone tape drive (Can fit only 1 tape at a time) attached to
the Linux server( Redhat 4) running netbackup 5.1. This problem is that
*       when I add the tape ,it assigns a some tapeid to the tape ( say A00000)
where as the tape I added has a tape id - 001065,Can this be fixed?

*       And also when I start the backup , the drive ejects the tape and as a
Pending requests as it already ejected the tape and the backups fail with 98

I am working on this issue from past 2 days with no luck. Please help me.
Have a Great Weekend!!

Thanks
Smitha