Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] fill tapes full

2005-09-30 09:46:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] fill tapes full
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:46:01 -0500
Not sure what you're asking, but I'll try to answer what I think you're asking.

Different policies have no problem going on the same tape as long as
they have the same retention. I.e. if one policy is doing backups that
are kept for a month, and one is doing backups that are kept for a
year, they cannot go on the same tape.

Also - policies that request different volume pools will not go on the
same tape. A volume pool is a group of tapes - usually used to denote
different types of media or different locations for the media. For
example, we have an onsite pool and an offsite pool - our vault jobs
pick up the offsite pool and ship it offsite.

Did that answer your question - or is there more to it?