Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ERR - Active Directory: HrBackupOpen() failed (WIN32 c800003f3: Unknwon Error)

2005-09-27 11:10:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ERR - Active Directory: HrBackupOpen() failed (WIN32 c800003f3: Unknwon Error)
From: Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:10:38 -0700
--=_alternative 00535F0A88257089_=

Justin,

We implemented AD this last year, and the best way that we do is to use
the MS backup to backup the ALL domain controllers that hold FSMO roles
and then we script out the backup of our DHCP scopes  then pickup that
file with NBU, all other DC's are easier to replace / rebuild, then
promote.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Steve Bally
Systems Engineer
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com
Desk: 503-615-1207
Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.

"Piszcz, Justin" <jpiszcz AT servervault DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
09/27/2005 07:16 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] ERR - Active Directory: HrBackupOpen() failed (WIN32
c800003f3: Unknwon Error)

Has anyone gotten these errors when the System_State is getting backed up?
What is the best remedy or way to fix?

--=_alternative 00535F0A88257089_=

the best way that we do is to use the MS backup to backup the ALL domain
controllers that hold FSMO roles and then we script out the backup of our
DHCP scopes &nbsp;then pickup that file with NBU, all other DC's are easier
to replace / rebuild, then promote.</font>
Steve Bally<br>
Systems Engineer<br>
RadiSys Corporation<br>
www.radisys.com<br>
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com<br>
Desk: 503-615-1207 <br>
Cell: 503-970-6201<br>
This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient,
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission (Email)
in error, please notify me immediately.</font>
&lt;jpiszcz AT servervault DOT com&gt;</b> </font>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</font>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu&gt;</font>
Directory: HrBackupOpen() failed (WIN32 c800003f3: Unknwon Error)</font></table>
System_State
is getting backed up?</font>
--=_alternative 00535F0A88257089_=--