Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Manual Full and Incremental

2005-09-27 06:46:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Manual Full and Incremental
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:46:15 +0100
Ed Wilts wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:12:34AM +0100, Dave Markham wrote:
>

>>Netbackup 5, Solaris 8.
>>
>>If i run a manual full backup as a one off, does the next incremental
>>run from that full backup or the last scheduled full backup?
>>

>If you use your normal policy, your incremental will be based on your
>special full.  However, if you put your special backup into a different
>policy, then your incrementals will not be affected.  If you look at the
>STREAMS file for your client, you'll see that the policy name is part of
>the record.
>
>        .../Ed

What im actually after is for the incremental TO run after i invoke a
manual full.

We are moving some kit from one data center to another, and i want to
manually invoke a full backup outside its window to save having to edit
all my policies and schedules. I then want the next nights backup to be
incremental so it finishes in time for the move to start and so people
are not waiting around for backups to finish.

I am trying to get out of having to adjust backup windows and
frequencies for a number of policies :)

I guess ill have to try and test at some point.

Cheers