Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Decommissioning a Media Server and Deleting old Hardware

2005-09-26 16:34:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Decommissioning a Media Server and Deleting old Hardware
From: Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:34:47 -0700
--=_alternative 00710C5088257088_=

All,

This is my scenario, I have upgraded my NBU environment have new backup
hardware and have done this with the new hardware in place, that being
said, all the images are now expired in the old hardware and I would like
to remove the old hardware.

I have already moved the ownership of the media of the old media server to
the media server that I am keeping in the environment.

This is how the old environment looks

Master / Media Server ----> PE 2650
2x Powervault 136t's SCSI attached

SAN Media Server x1----> Robot control host
1 x Powervault 136T Fiber attached

SAN Media servers x 4 robot and drives shared from the robot control host
(these are also SAN attached SAP DB Servers as well)

New Environment

Master / Media Server / Robot Control host ---> SAN attached
1 x Storagetek SL500 7 x LTO3 Drives,
1 Robot and 3 drives shared for SAP DB backups
SAN Media servers x 4 robot and drives shared from the robot control host
(these are also SAN attached SAP DB Servers as well)

I am looking for  a good procedure on removing a SAN Media server which is
also a robot control host for the old backup hardware as well.  Is there a
good way to remove the old hardware from the NBU configuration that will
ensure that I do not have issues with "ghost" hardware in the GUI.

I hope this makes sense, and any advice is much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve Bally
Systems Engineer
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com
Desk: 503-615-1207
Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.
--=_alternative 00710C5088257088_=

my NBU environment have new backup hardware and have done this with the
new hardware in place, that being said, all the images are now expired
in the old hardware and I would like to remove the old hardware. &nbsp;</font>
the media of the old media server to the media server that I am keeping
in the environment.</font>
looks</b></font>
host</font>
shared from the robot control host (these are also SAN attached SAP DB
Servers as well)</font>
host ---&gt; SAN attached &nbsp;</font>
DB backups</font>
shared from the robot control host (these are also SAN attached SAP DB
Servers as well)</font>
on removing a SAN Media server which is also a robot control host for the
old backup hardware as well. &nbsp;Is there a good way to remove the old
hardware from the NBU configuration that will ensure that I do not have
issues with &quot;ghost&quot; hardware in the GUI. &nbsp;</font>
is much appreciated.</font>
Steve Bally<br>
Systems Engineer<br>
RadiSys Corporation<br>
www.radisys.com<br>
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com<br>
Desk: 503-615-1207 <br>
Cell: 503-970-6201<br>
This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient,
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission (Email)
in error, please notify me immediately.</font>
--=_alternative 00710C5088257088_=--