Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Experience with Data Link doing support for Netbackup?

2005-09-24 09:31:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Experience with Data Link doing support for Netbackup?
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:31:27 -0500
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:31:09PM -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> We have gotten information from a company called Data Link in which they
> are suggesting they can do our Netbackup support cheaper than Veritas
> (Symantec).
>
> Does anyone have experience with using this company for support and if
> so would you recommend them?

Datalink happens to be in the Twin Cities area where we are (as is
Netbackup Engineering).  We purchased our L700 through Datalink and they
still front-end the hardware support although when we log the call with
Datalink, they just call out StorageTek on our behalf.

We haven't used Datalink for day-to-day Netbackup support but we've had
them inhouse for consulting and I've been to several Netbackup
presentations at their offices.  They've got an excellent staff and know
what they're talking about.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org