Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client <hostname> peername <peer> is invalid for restore request.

2005-09-23 14:19:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client <hostname> peername <peer> is invalid for restore request.
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:19:14 +0200
This caused by one client trying to read another client's backup.
This can be solved by using altnames, sorry can't remember how to do this in
detail

see the bprd log for the names actually used

Regards
Michael

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:54:28 -0600, Aaron Mills wrote
> I'm trying to do a database backup/restore from one client to another. The
backup runs fine from the first client. But when the restore is attempted,
the client I'm trying to restore to throws the error:
> client foo.returnpath.net peername bar.returnpath.net is invalid for
restore request
> INF - Server status = 135
> bperror says this is a validation issue, but DNS is setup correctly and
the users should be the same on both hosts. Veritas mentions something about
the client shortname needing to be configured in the kernel, but the
document was kind of cryptic. Has anyone seen this before? I'm not sure what
I'm missing.

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)