Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running NBU 6 client with NBU 4.5 SP3 servers - anything to look out for?

2005-09-21 17:04:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running NBU 6 client with NBU 4.5 SP3 servers - anything to look out for?
From: Ray.Hill AT ny.frb DOT org (Ray.Hill AT ny.frb DOT org)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:04:07 -0400
--=_alternative 0073BBC385257083_=

Thats correct the master/medias can run at higher level than the clients,
but not the other way around.All our clients are at NBU45, M/M are at 5.1

Ray H.
ext 8527
You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created
it.............Albert Einstein

Johnny Oestergaard <joe AT joe DOT net>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
09/21/2005 03:50 PM

<marshall.a.skare AT accenture DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
cc

Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Running NBU 6 client with NBU 4.5 SP3 servers  - anything
to look out for?

I wouldn't bet on that.

Normaly any given master/media server version will support clients from
the same version and the one before that. So NBU 6.x will support any
clients running 6.x and 5.x. I have never seen anything about a
master/media server supporting clients running at a higher level then they
do.

I you have a supportagreement just get the licenskeys for 4.5 and then
request the new licenskeys for 5.x or 6.x when you plan to upgrade.

/johnny