Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running NBU 6 client with NBU 4.5 SP3 servers - anything to look out for?

2005-09-21 15:50:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running NBU 6 client with NBU 4.5 SP3 servers - anything to look out for?
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:50:45 +0200
--=====================_17666921==_.ALT

I wouldn't bet on that.

Normaly any given master/media server version will support clients from the
same version and the one before that. So NBU 6.x will support any clients
running 6.x and 5.x. I have never seen anything about a master/media server
supporting clients running at a higher level then they do.

I you have a supportagreement just get the licenskeys for 4.5 and then
request the new licenskeys for 5.x or 6.x when you plan to upgrade.

/johnny

At 13:21 21-09-2005 -0500, marshall.a.skare AT accenture DOT com wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>

>We re looking into getting more client licenses for NBU, and I m wondering
>if there are any gotchas to running NBU 6 clients with NBU 4.5SP3 servers.
>

>Thanks for any info!
>

>Marshall Skare
>
>ATIS - Unix Engineering
>
>(612) 277-4434
>

>This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
>privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
>received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
>original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

--=====================_17666921==_.ALT

I wouldn't bet on that.<br><br>
Normaly any given master/media server version will support clients from
the same version and the one before that. So NBU 6.x will support any
clients running 6.x and 5.x. I have never seen anything about a
master/media server supporting clients running at a higher level then
they do.<br><br>
I you have a supportagreement just get the licenskeys for 4.5 and then
request the new licenskeys for 5.x or 6.x when you plan to
upgrade.<br><br>
/johnny<br><br>
At 13:21 21-09-2005 -0500, marshall.a.skare AT accenture DOT com
wrote:<br><br>
everyone,<br>
for NBU, and I m wondering if there are any gotchas to running NBU 6
clients with NBU 4.5SP3 servers.<br>
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
original. Any other use of the email by you is
prohibited.</blockquote></html>