Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU SAP Scripts - Getting the Schedule Name

2005-09-21 02:07:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU SAP Scripts - Getting the Schedule Name
From: ms_nbu AT mac DOT com (ms_nbu AT mac DOT com)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:07:57 +0200
Errin,

you got the point, thanks for your answer! This is exactly what we want to
do...
Currently our policies look like that:

policy: sap_a_media-server
schedules: daily_online, user_offline

policy: sap_b_alog_media-server
schedules: daily_alog1, daily_alog2, daily_alog3, daily_alog4

Inside my backup_sap.sh script, I evaluate the policy environment variable and
execute the right function, i.e. online_split backup, online net-based backup
or archive_log backup... my only problem is to have multiple different types of
backup in one policy, i.e. sap_a_media-server uses online_split backup for
automatic daily backup but should use an offline backup when it's a user
initiated backup... so how to differentiate these schedules when there's no
variable stating the schedule...

one *ugly* solution is to build dedicated policies for user and automatic
backups... but I don't like that idea ;-)

Cheers,

-- Mirko